Friday, August 1, 2014

Air Optix Colors Review for Brown Eyes

In my previous post, I went over the different color contacts I tried from the Freshlook Colorblends line. As I mentioned in that post, the colors are very pretty but they feel very uncomfortable on the eyes. I could hardly keep them in my eyes for more than five minutes. My optometrist recommended I try a new line of color contacts called the Air Optix Colors. I tried them in Blue, Gemstone Green, Green and Gray. Overall these contacts are extremely comfortable and are comparable to my normal clear everyday contacts. My optometrist said they are very breathable and are better than the Freshlook Colorblends. The diameter of these is 14.2 so it is the same as my regular clear contacts. As mentioned in my previous post the Freshlook Colorblends have a 14.5 diameter and they felt very uncomfortable on me. Here is a photo of my eye without any contacts:


Here are the four colors I tried:

My Thoughts:

Blue: This is such a natural blue that really looks gorgeous on brown eyes. I took my photos in natural light so the color actually appears more natural indoors.

Gemstone Green: My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! I ended up ordered a box of these because they are absolutely stunning. They stand out enough but when I wore them it actually looked like my real eye color was green. I think these are the most beautiful of all the ones I tried.

Gray: My second favorite are the gray. These look like the color of a wolf's eye and are incredibly fierce. Would highly recommend if you want a lighter blue color.

Green: The green are very natural and somewhat un-noticeable. I wouldn't really recommend these if you have brown eyes. Having said that, if you had lighter eyes these would probably stand out more and look really pretty.

You can try on the colors virtually here: Air Optix Website
Purchase your Air Optix from 1-800-Contacts!

2 comments:

  1. One thing I learned in life is to love what makes you happy and to cherish every moment you spend with your family, friends or love ones because everything that we have now on earth is temporary. Well, thank you for inspiring us with your great art work.
    Visit my site for a very wonderful offer.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same experience with Freshlook Colorblends at the beginning. But after a while, my eyes got used to them and I felt pretty comfortable. They look very natural and give eyes a nice depth.
    My second experience was with Focus softcolors. They are very comfortable but they are too far from changing eye color.

    ReplyDelete