Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Koolaburra Haley II Fringe Sheepskin Boot Review

There is nothing better than stepping outside in a cute pair of sheepskin boots in winter. I have a couple Ugg boots, but have seemed to outgrow the style a bit recently. I still think they are cute and more importantly comfortable, but I wanted a pair of warm boots with a little more style. I began searching for the Haley II fringe boots after watching an episode of Hart of Dixie. Zoe Hart wore these in an episode and they were so cute I had to find them. Koolaburra is a very well-known high-end brand that specializes in sheepskin / suede boots and sneaker wedges. Their website has many photos of different celebrities that wear their products (Ashley Tisdale, Megan Fox, Kourtney Kardashian, Selena Gomez, Britney Spears, Vanessa Hudgens,etc). They are much more expensive than a pair of Uggs but after purchasing these, I can say that they are well worth the price.

I purchased my Koolaburra Haley II boots in the color beige or "seta". They also come in tawny port (gorgeous wine color) and chestnut. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a stylish yet comfortable and warm winter boot.



In case you are in the market for a new pair of winter boots and find yourself comparing the Koolaburras to the more popular Ugg boots, I did a comparison between the two brands with the below four categories:

1. Comfort
Ugg: 5/5
Koolaburra: 5/5
No surprise here. Both pairs of boots are extremely comfortable. You won't have an issue walking for long periods of time in either.

2. Style
Ugg: 3/5
Koolaburra: 5/5
Uggs can be cute if worn with the right outfit, but the Koolaburras are so flirty with the fringe and fur trim. They are definitely more eye-catching and stylish.

3. Price
Ugg: $$
Koolaburra: $$$
The Classic Tall Ugg boots are about $195 at Nordstrom compared to the Haley II Fringe Boots that are $325 (now on sale!) at Koolaburra's website:
Purchase Haley II Boots at Koolaburra

4. Warmth
Ugg: 4/5
Koolaburra: 5/5
The Koolaburras are slightly more warm than the Uggs. The reason for this is that the Uggs are a little thinner than the Koolaburras. SIZING: I am usually a size 7 and I wear a SIZE 6 in Uggs and a SIZE 7 in the Koolaburras.

No comments:

Post a Comment