Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Best MAC Foundation Routine for Oily Skin


I have been on the search for a foundation routine that reduces shine for us oily skin girls. I have tried drugstore and high end products. Because I really liked the few MAC products I had (paint pot, lipstick and sheer pressed powder) I decided to try a foundation routine using MAC products only. I have heard great things about MAC studio fix fluid foundation, but many beauty bloggers/gurus mentioned that it isn't great for oily skin. The makeup artist at MAC suggested the Pro Longwear foundation with the Prep + Prime primer. I had recently run out of my Sheer Pressed Powder (NC40) and was planning to re-purchase, but the makeup artist suggested I try Studio Fix powder for a little more coverage.

I tried this foundation routine and my face was matte all day. I was amazed! I would highly recommend these products to those of you with very oily skin. Not only do the products work to keep the shine away, but they also make my skin look flawless and airbrushed.

Prices were as follows:

1. MAC Prep + Prime: $30.00
Buy It From Nordstrom

2. MAC Pro Longwear Foundation: $31.00
Buy It From Nordstrom

3. MAC Studio Fix Powder: $27.00
Buy It From Nordstrom

For shade references:

L'Oreal True Match Foundation: W5
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation: Warm Beige
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse: Sandy Beige
MAC Sheer Pressed Powder: NC40

The MAC Foundation Shades I Purchased:




I tried both the NC40 and NC37 at the MAC counter. The NC40 wasn't a bad match, but the NC37 matched perfectly with my medium skin tone (yellow undertones). See swatch below:




NC stands for "Neutral Cool" and C stands for "Cool". The NC shades are supposed to be for those with a slightly golden undertone to their skin and the C shades are for more olive skin tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment